Jan 13, 2011

Tandoori Popcorn

I can't leave popcorn alone. To me, its blandness begs for something more. Somehow, I discovered that popcorn is delicious with powdered buttermilk, and today I added some, as well as a sprinkling of Penzey's Tandoori Seasoning. I've also tried smoked paprika, Penzey's Turkish Seasoning, and chili powder. Not all at the same time. About a quarter cup of buttermilk powder is good for a big bowl of popcorn (I start from almost a cup of unpopped). I salt to taste and add the spices to taste. The kids love this popcorn, too. It's great to pop up a batch on a day when there are no other snack foods in the house.

I did look up Tandoori Popcorn on the web, and only found it here among some Scottish folks who like to write in a brogue. This laddie does not add powdered buttermilk,just a wee bit o' butter.

2 comments:

L said...

I put smoked paprika into popcorn too! The boys & I love it. I guess I'll have to go buy tandoori seasoning (don't have it, haven't tried it) & buttermilk powder now! :)

Anjali said...

That sounds yummy! Will have to go get me some buttermilk powder.