Mar 27, 2008

Politics and Dessert Mix Just Fine

I like the words Nigella Lawson makes up, or perhaps they're just English slang, like "whinge." Whatever they are, "wodge" is a fine example. It so perfectly describes the dark damp slab of her Chocolate Gingerbread. In fact, I'd be lost without the word "wodge" to describe it. I cut several wodges to take to a meeting at my friend R's house, where, apparently, CBS will be interviewing "Delaware County Moms" about the election. (How I hate the word "moms." Oh well.) I am going to get a word in for my candidate, and call my dessert Chocobama Gingerbread, just for the evening. See, I can make up words too. Except I've seen the word "chocobama" before, now that I think of it. Somewhere.

Even Hillary fans and--shudder--Republicans will love this unity (get it?) of gingerbread and chocolate.

5 comments:

John said...

You are a chocobama mama!

RuthWells said...

Too perfect!

Adorable Girlfriend said...

It sounds delclinton.

Yum.

Domestic Goddess said...

OH! Fun! Delco Moms, have fun. I wonder who that candidate could be...hmmmmmm...

Liz Miller said...

Whinge is a word. It's British for whine or kvetch.

And I'm gonna be baking me some chocobama gingerbread. Yessir.