Sep 13, 2006

Any Blogging Experts Out There?

Tee hee. Now that I've really jazzed up this blog with an actual, if dinky, blogroll, I'm having a problem. My links don't go to the most recent entry. Take Stories from the Red Tent, a new blog from my friend Amy. It links to her Sept. 8 entry, but my feed on Bloglines tells me she has two more entries. I don't get it. When I check the URL that my blogroll links to, it's just the main page, so that should work, right? Am I missing something?

I also added Sitemeter, and I'm addicted to checking my stats now. It's awful. I'm going to have to put the (wireless) mouse under my pillow or something.

4 comments:

Scrivener said...

Your blogroll looks like it works fine to me. I followed your link to Red Tent and got the main page with the post from 9/12 at the top.

Here's my guess as to what is happening: it's nothing at all to do with your links but with your browser. Sometimes if you go to a page, leave it, and then come back, your browser does not actually download the new information from the server, including new posts and such, but simply reloads the page from its own cached memory. In the future if you know there's a new post there but it doesn't show up, try to just reload the page and see if that solves the problem.

If it doesn't, then I'd have to do some more thinking to figure out what could be wrong.

Lauren D. McKinney said...

I just knew you would answer first! Thanks. I gotto go run around doing things for a while, then I'll check back . . . .

Scrivener said...

So, did it fix it?

Lauren D. McKinney said...

Yes, indeedy. Thanks, Scriv.